VOICE IT is back!
Save the Date: Wednesday 25th January 2023 from 10.00-3.00pm at Lincolnshire Showground
Cost: No Charge (No transport funds provided)
VOICE IT is an established music industry event which introduces secondary aged pupils to music career related information, education, advice and guidance. The Education (Careers Guidance in Schools) Act 2022 comes into force on 1st September 2022 requiring all state-funded secondary schools to secure independent careers guidance from year 7 and VOICE IT is the perfect opportunity to showcase music and other creative related careers and opportunities.
“Good career guidance is important for social mobility because it helps open pupils’ eyes to careers, they may not have considered” Gatsby ‘Good Career Guidance’ Report
We understand, that although the Gatsby Benchmarks are non-statutory, many schools and college use the internationally recognised Gatsby Benchmarks to develop their careers programmes. VOICE IT supports the following benchmarks:
- 2 - Learning from Career and Labour Market Information
- 4 - Linking Curriculum Learning to Careers
- 5 – Encounters with Employers and Employees
The following partners have been booked:
- Mark De-Lisser – One of the most sought after music rpofessionals within the industry - Mark De-Lisser (markdelisser.com)
- ACM Gospel Choir – A group of the finest singers in the UK today - ACM Gospel Choir - Mark De-Lisser (markdelisser.com)
- Hayley Sanderson and her band – a singer, songwriter who is one of lead voclaists from 'Strictly Come Dancing' - Hayley Sanderson | Speakers for Schools
- Xidus Pain - an award-winning music practitioner, rap artist and a hip hop educator - Xidus Pain - Finding Rhythms (finding-rhythms.co.uk)
- Simon Hollingworth – A freelance Producer who has been based in Lincolnshire working across the arts sector for more than 30 years - Simon Hollingworth Freelance Arts Management Services Mr Holly
- Noise Academy – Makeing Music technology more accessible to young people - Noise Academy - Engaging Through Music Technology
- Elliott Morris – is an English singer-songwriter and guitarist, active in the UK folk and pop music scenes - Guitarist | Elliott Morris
Each of these industry experts will be leading interactive sessions on topics such as song writing, beatboxing and event management to the students of Lincolnshire and feature everything they need to know about contemporary singing and performing combined with our music industry experts. This event is suitable for KS£ and KS4 pupils however we actively encourage BTEC and GCSE pupils to attend.
Schools are responsible for the supervision of their pupils throughout the event.