A FREE training day covering everything you need to know for music with your class in school.
Lincolnshire Music Service are pioneering a new resource for Foundation and Key Stage 1 called "Musical IMPS" and you are invited to our first ever IMP training day.
You have bought in to an IMP package and either have had, or will have, one of our excellent presenters working in your school. With your 6 week course in school, you get a free copy of "Musical IMPs." Written by Chris Rogers, our Early Years Co-ordinator. The resource is specifically designed to enable you to use Kodaly principles in your music programme. This training day will equip you with everything you need for music with your classes in school. The day will include:
- How to use "Musical IMPs" to its full potential.
- Song repertoire training.
- Ideas for how to progress the learning of your children using the musical material in the resource.
- All sorts of creative ideas on resources, from chiffon scarves to flashcards!
- How to use classroom percussion to maximum effect.
- Background on the musical philosophy behind "Musical IMPs" with examples from round the world of how these ideas have transformed, and are continuing to transform, music education.
- Plenty of hands-on activities to help give you the confidence to have creative musical sessions with your classes. You do not need to be a musician! Just keen and willing to have a go.
The training day is delivered by Chris Rogers and Janet Briggs.
Chris has 20 years experience working with early years music. He works full time for the Music Service as a violin teacher and Operational Manager, and is also responsible for string teaching and early years music across the county. He is an International Colourstrings Trainer, and has run teacher training courses in London, Vienna, and Glasgow, as well as locally in Lincolnshire.
Janet is Operational Manager for the Music Service, working full time as a lower strings teacher, and early years expert. She has over 10 years of experience working with Foundation and Key Stage 1.
To book your place, please complete the booking form below. Please note, refreshments will be provided on the day, however lunch will not be provided.