IMP (Infant Music Programme) classes make the most of all the creative music resources available for young children, using musical building blocks in a fun way.
Children sing songs, learn rhythmic rhymes, play circle games, enjoy puppets and teddies and play classroom percussion using popular topics. The genius of IMP is that the musical skills children need in order to be able explore their musical world are built up gradually and in depth.
IMP is based on the internationally successful music programme ‘Colourstrings’, pioneered in Finland and drawn from the ideas of Hungarian musician Zoltan Kodaly. All tutors are rigorously trained by a Colourstrings trainer. Available for the 0-5 age group, and Foundation and KS1 classes in school settings, it is a flexible programme tailored to local needs.
IMP programme includes:
- Flexible order options from one term up to a whole year
- 45 minute delivery per week
- Outline lesson plans giving core songs and learning points
- Support materials with step by step instructions so schools can use the songs themselves
- Topic-based with cross-curricular approach
- All tutors fully trained and supported by an International Colourstrings Trainer
Children who take part in IMP develop a love for music and develop their overall confidence in learning. Activities are linked to the requirements of the EYFS Framework, and Music National Curriculum where appropriate.
Resources and training is provided so schools’ can use the musical principles in their own setting.
|Cost with Music Membership||Cost without Music Membership|
|FREE with Silver or Gold Music Membership, if chosen as an additional product||£45.00 per hour|