Teachers are professional voice users but unlike actors, for example, very rarely receive any training or guidance on how to use their voices to best effect or how to avoid vocal problems. The voice is, for teachers and classroom assistants alike, a tool of the trade which needs to be nurtured and protected.
The Vocal Development CPD session highlights the key issues relating to vocal health and also supports teaching staff in using the voice to enhance their work.
Teachers are at least eight times more likely to suffer from voice problems than other workers, with potentially serious career consequences. This twilight session, which can also be delivered as part of a training day, focuses on voice saving techniques, early warning signs, vocal effectiveness and dealing with infections and tiredness.
Participants will have:
- Improved confidence to support and care for their speaking voice.
- Increased ability to use their voices effectively.
- Ability to recognise early warning signs.
- Gained an insight into the mechanism and use of the speaking voice.
- Advice on using the voice healthily.
|Cost with Music Membership||Cost without Music Membership|
|Not included||£250 per session|