Lincolnshire Youth String Chamber Orchestra (LYSCO) gives advanced string players in the county the chance to explore the rich repertoire of music for chamber orchestra. There are around 25-30 players and the music making is at a very high level.
Players enjoy the fun of interacting in a small group, while at the same time developing musicianship and technique. In the past, players have also had the opportunity to conduct the orchestra.
Repertoire is taken from all style periods and rehearsals are focused and fun!Rehearsals take place on four full days a year culminating in a fabulous joint live concert with Lincolnshire Youth Concert Orchestra, professionally staged at Lincolnshire Showground.
Conductor: Chris Rogers
Chris has had a very varied career as a recitalist, orchestral leader, teacher, conductor, and administrator.
He read music at Birmingham University and then studied violin and conducting at the Royal Academy of Music in London before taking up a post as Principal(no 3) 2nd violin with the Bournemouth Symphony Orchestra. He freelanced with various orchestras including the CBSO, Welsh National Opera and the Ulster Orchestra, and has performed as soloist and orchestral player in many of the country’s leading concert halls, as well as in India, Scandanavia, Spain & Switzerland.
Chris enjoys working with a whole range of pupils from age 4 upwards. He is a qualified Colourstrings Kindergarten teacher and a published author.
Membership of LYSCO is by invitation or teacher recommendation for pupils of grade 5 standard and above.
Annual Membership: £90. Subsidy is available for pupils entitled to Free School Meals and Looked After Children.
Further payment details will be provided following application and acceptance.
The Showcase Concert
Tickets are now on sale for the showcase concert at bit.ly/2HDe7dC. Please book your tickets in advance, tickets are available on the door, however the concerts do sell out fast!
Unless we advise otherwise, LYSCO members are required to observe the following:
- Boys: Black Trousers / White Shirt / Black Bow Tie/ Dinner Jacket / Black Shoes / Black Socks
- Girls: Black Skirt / Black Dress (length below the knee and no front split above the knee. Must be worn with black tights) / Black Blouse (not sleeveless)
Gaining membership of a Lincolnshire County Group represents a significant personal achievement. However, membership also carries with it, a significant responsibility to demonstrate a very high level of personal commitment at all times.
Our aim is to ensure high standards of performance and presentation at all times, and therefore members are expected to:
- Make a FULL COMMITMENT to ALL dates of rehearsals, courses, concerts, etc for the season
- Practise the music between rehearsals and take the music to their instrumental lessons
- Provide a MUSIC STAND and PENCIL for all rehearsals and concerts (please label your stand with your name and address)
- In the event that you are unable to attend a rehearsal or performance, make every effort to ensure that any parts you have borrowed are available if they are likely to be needed by other members
- Observe the dress code for the ensemble at public performances
For further information please contact your instrumental tutor or call us on 01522 553354 or email: email@example.com