LMS encourages a supportive and inclusive culture. People from different backgrounds, cultures and experiences bring value to everything we achieve together. We work better and improve our services if we have a supportive environment. Everyone has visible and non-visible differences, by respecting these differences, colleagues, customers, communities and other stakeholders can feel valued.
MEHEM is committed to making improvements relating to Equality, Diversity and Inclusions (EDI) across the Music Hubs of the East Midlands
Music Education Hubs East Midlands (MEHEM) is developing a region-wide EDI collaborative strategy to take immediate action to improve EDI outcomes for all young people across the region.
Our five principles
We have created five principles to guide the work ahead.
- To commit to creating a diverse and representative creative output and stakeholder body at all levels, which is celebratory and reflective of our nation.
- To commit to using robust and creative methods to establish and maintain an inclusive working atmosphere for all where everyone feels valued and heard.
- To commit to providing all of our staff and workforce with training which reflects our values and commitment to Equity, Diversity and Inclusion.
- To communicate with all of our stakeholders and general public with regard to our EDI journey.
- To implement a robust monitoring, evaluation and review process which supports us to deliver on our EDI commitments.
Our priority areas
Our principles will be used to help us set aspirational targets for improvements in five priority areas. These will, in turn, help us to evaluate our progress.
|Communication and Community||We commit to using robust and creative methods to establish and maintain an inclusive working atmosphere for all where everyone feels valued and heard.|
|Evaluation and Review||We commit to monitoring, reviewing and evaluating our EDI strategy to ensure we deliver on our EDI priorities.|
|Recruitment and retention||We commit to creating an inclusive organisation representative of our region and the wider world.|
|Representation||We commit to making our creative opportunities and output representative of our region and the wider world|
|Training||We commit to investing in our people to ensure they have the developmental opportunities so that everyone can fulfil their potential.|
Lincolnshire Music Service are developing their own E,D and I policy in co-ordination with the 5 MEHEM principles outlined above and the values of Lincolnshire County Council.
Read More of the Lincolnshire County Council Diversity and Inclusion Policy
Read more from MEHEM on the Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Approach and Development
For more information, please email our E,D and I champion, Andrew Hird on Andrew.Hird@Lincolnshire.gov.uk